Jalapeno Cheddar Skillet Cornbread
Sweet and spicy Jalapeno Cheddar Skillet Cornbreads goes well with a bowl of chili or homemade soup.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. degrees.
- Add the butter to an iron skillet and place in the hot oven to melt.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl whisk the buttermilk and eggs together.
- Carefully remove the hot iron skillet from the oven and pour the melted butter into the buttermilk mixture.
- Whisk until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold the jalapeño peppers and cheddar cheese into the batter.
- Pour into the skillet, return to the oven and bake for 25-28 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 295
Keywords: sweet cornbread recipe, jalapeno cornbread, cheddar cornbread recipe