Instant Pot Spicy Shredded Pork
Easy to make 5 ingredints only 5 ingredients need to make spicy shredded pork in the Instant Pot. Tender shredded pork can be used as a taco filling, to make pork nachos or to make Mexcan Cornbread casserole recipes.
- 2 lbs pork loin or boneless pork roast
- an envelope of Taco or Pork Carnita seasoning
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 7 oz. diced green chilies, drained
- 3/4 cup water or chicken broth
- Brown the pork on the saute setting of the Instant Pot. This is optional so you can skip this step if you like.
- Open the envelope of seasoning and sprinkle over the pork.
- Add the cup of chunky salsa and pour the can of drained green chiles into the pot. Pour the water or broth in.
- Use a wooden spoon or tongs to toss the pork to help with dissolving the powdered seasoning mix into the liquid.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and twist it to secure the lid tightly. Push the valve to the sealing position. Press the manual button and set the pressure cooking time to 12 minutes.
- After the pork has finished pressure cooking let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes carefully push the valve to the releasing position. Once all of the steam has released and the pin has dropped twist the pressure cooker lid off away from your face.
- Remove the pork from the Instant Pot and place it on a rimmed tray. Without scraping the bottom of the pan pour the drippings from the pot over the meat. Allow the pork to rest for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting or shredding.
- Always allow pork to rest before slicing or shredding. If you try to shred the pork meat while it is still hot shredding will be difficult. When the pork meat is hot and hasn’t had a chance to rest the meat will resist shredding.
- If you don’t want shredded pork you can slice the pork instead of shredding it and serve it that way.
- Calories: 135
- Carbohydrates: 2.4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 23.9g
Keywords: Instant Pot Spicy Shredded Pork, Instant Pot Pork Loin Recipe, 5 Ingredient Recipe, Spicy Pulled Pork Recipe