Tender and delicious Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers Recipe that is cooked in sauce. Italian Sausage and sweet bell peppers and onions can be served as Sausage and Pepper subs, served over cooked pasta or white rice. A perfect dinner recipe any day of the week. Also a great game day recipe while watching the game.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the Instant Pot insert and turn on the saute setting.
- Place the sausage in the Instant Pot and brown on all sides.
- Remove the browned sausage from the Instant Pot and place them on a paper towel to drain Set aside.
- Add the sliced onion and sliced bell peppers.
- Add the water, tomato paste, minced garlic and Italian Seasoning to the Instant Pot and toss together to combine.
- Add the browned sausage back to the Instant Pot.
- Add the sauce and the shredded Parmesan cheese to the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on and make sure the valve is in the sealing position. Press the manual button and set the time to 10 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooking time has completed allow a natural release of steam for 8 minutes.
- Carefully remove the lid.
- Serve on buns or over pasta or rice.
- Makes 5 servings.
- Serve the sausage and peppers on a sub roll and top with shredded cheese.
- Serve the cooked sausgae and peppers over a bed of cooked pasta.
- Serve the pressure cooked sausage and peppers over a bed of cooked white rice.
- Category: Instant Pot Recipes
- Method: Pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 Sausage on a Roll
- Calories: 930
- Carbohydrates: 45.4g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 36.8g
Keywords: Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers, Sausage and Peppers subs, Pressure Cooker Sausages,