Instant Pot Salt Potatoes
Fluffy Creamy Instant Pot Salt Potatoes are a delicious way to enjoy young baby potatoes. This Salt Potatoes recipe is a regional recipe from Syracuse New York.
- 3 lbs new baby potatoes
- 6 cups warm water
- 1 cup coarse sea salt
How To Make Instant Pot Salt Potatoes
- Rinse and scrub the new young potatoes.
- Pour the warm water into the Instant Pot.
- Add the 1 cup of coarse sea salt to the Instant Pot. Whisk or stir until the salt begins to dissolve.
- Add the new potatoes to the Instant Pot and stir the potatoes to coat with the salt water.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure it is locked into place.
- Set the valve to the sealing position.
- Push the manual button and set the Instant Pot pressure cooking time to 2 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps to let you know it has finished pressure cooking the salt potatoes allow the steam to naturally release for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes carefully push the Instant Pot valve to the releasing position. Allow the steam to release from the Instant Pot.
- Carefully open the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the salted potatoes from the Instant pot and put them in a colander to drain.
- Serve with butter.
- Makes 3 lbs of salt potatoes. Or 6 to 8 servings.
- Calories: 117
Keywords: Salt Potatoes recipe, Instant Pot Salt Potatoes, Salt Brined Potatoes, Syracuse recipe