This Instant Pot Salsa Chicken recipe is one of the easiest Instant Pot chicken recipes you will ever make. All you need is a couple of ingredients and you will be enjoying moist and tender shredded salsa chicken in no time.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, (about 2 lbs)
- 1 cup Peach Mango Salsa
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes with chili peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa verde (optional)
- Place the chicken into the inner aluminum pot of an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker.
- Sprinkle with the seasonings, tossing the chicken to coat both sides.
- Add the salsa and tomatoes to the Instant Pot.
- Move the chicken pieces around to coat with the salsa and tomatoes.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and push the Manual button. Set the time to 7 minutes. (see note)
- Once the pressure cooking time has been reached unplug the Instant Pot. Switch the valve to the quick vent and allow steam to release.
- Once the steam has been released carefully open the lid, lifting the lid away from your body so the steam escapes away from your face.
- Immediately remove the chicken from the pressure cooker and place in a bowl, reserve the juices in the pressure cooker.
- Allow to chicken to rest about 5 minutes then using two forks shred the meat.
- Drain and rinse the can of black beans and add to the bowl with the shredded chicken.
- Pour the juices from the pressure cooker into the bowl with the chicken. Mix well.
- Serve on warm tortillas and top with shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa of choice. I love (salsa verde).
- Nutritional information is for one filled tortilla, no optional toppings.
- Pressure Cooking time will depend on the number of chicken breasts and how thick the chicken breasts are. When in doubt use a meat thermometer. Chicken is cooked through when the thickest part of a chicken breast has reached 165 F.
- Serving Size: 2 Filled Tortillas
- Calories: 504 kcal
- Sugar: 8.89 g
- Fat: 19.33 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.39
- Protein: 36.55 g
- Cholesterol: 89 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken Salsa, Salsa Chicken recipe, Chicken recipe, Mexican Recipe