Instant Pot Ribs Recipe
Tender barbecued baby back ribs are easy to make in the Instant Pot. These Instant Pot Ribs cook up moist and tender. Slip them in the oven under the broiler to make them golden brown. Slather them with your favorite barbecue sauce for that authentic barbecue flavor without all the fuss of a grill.
- Remove the ribs from the packaging and remove the thick fibrous skin from the back of the rack of ribs.
- Place the ribs on a large baking sheet and generously sprinkle with pork rub. Rub the pork rub all over both sides of the ribs.
- Wrap the baking sheet in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour but overnight is best.
- Place the metal rack that came with the Instant Pot into the bottom of the Instant Pot insert.
- Add the water, apple cider vinegar, and liquid smoke into the Instant Pot.
- Place the rack of ribs into the Instant Pot.
- Place the Instant Pot lid on the appliance, set the valve to the sealing position.
- Press the manual button and set the time to 20 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished pressure cooking allow the steam to naturally release for 10 minutes before releasing the steam.
- Carefully open the lid of the Instant Pot away from your face to prevent a steam burn.
- Transfer the pressure cooked ribs to a large baking sheet.
- Turn the oven on broil at 475 F. degrees.
- Place the baking tray of ribs into the oven and broil for 5 to 10 minutes or until the ribs are golden brown.
- Remove the ribs from the oven, brush with your favorite barbecue sauce and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the ribs to a serving platter.
- Cut the ribs into individual pieces and serve.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Category: Instant Pot Recipes
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 Ribs
- Calories: 550
Keywords: Instant Pot Ribs, Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs, Instant Pot Barbecue Pork Ribs