- Place a fine sieve over a large bowl or pot and carefully pour the pressure cooked pinto beans over the sieve and drain the cooking water off of the pinto beans.
- Reserve one cup of the cooking water to use to thin the beans as you puree the cooked pinto beans into refried beans if super creamy refried beans are desired. Return the drained pinto beans back into the pot you cooked them in.
- To turn the cooked pinto beans into refried beans use a stiff metal potato masher to puree the pinto beans. If you like chunky refried beans no added liquid will be needed.
- Use a stick blender to puree the beans if you like really smooth and creamy refried beans.
- If making extra creamy refried beans using a stick blender slowly add a drizzle of the cooking water into the beans as you blend them with the stick blender.
- Mash or blend the pinto beans until you achieve the thickness and texture you like in refried beans.
- Makes twelve 1/4 cup servings.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 176
- Carbohydrates: 32.1g
- Fiber: 7,9g
- Protein: 10.6g
Keywords: Instant Pot Refried Beans, Instant Pot Pintos Beans, Homemade Refried Beans, Pinto Beans, Dried Pinto Beans Recipe