I’ve been playing with my Instant Pot electric pressure cooker again. This time I made Instant Pot Red Potatoes and used them for my favorite potato salad recipe.
- 5 lbs whole red potatoes (not baby potatoes)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Scrub and wash potatoes well. Place the rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot and stack potatoes in the electric pressure cooker.
- Cook on steam setting 10 minutes. Let pressure cooker release steam naturally. Open and check potatoes.
- If not fork tender reclose the pressure cooker and set to the steam setting and cook an additional 3-5 minutes and allow the pressure cooker to release steam naturally for about 25 minutes before opening.
- Immediately remove the potatoes from the Instant Pot and run under cold water to cool off and to stop the potatoes from cooking.
- Peel potatoes if desired and cut up into pieces in a large bowl if making homemade potato salad.
- Calories: 323