Instant Pot Meatballs
It is so easy to make Instant Pot Meatballs and sauce when you are in the mood for homemade meatballs and spaghetti.
If you don’t have time to watch a pot of homemade meatballs simmer on the stove cooking them in a pressure cooker is the best way to make delicious tender meatballs.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 45 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- With clean hands in a large mixing bowl mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are completely combined.
- Pinch off a piece of the meatball mixture and form into a round meatball. Place the uncooked meatballs in a bowl or on a plate until all meatballs have been formed. I made 20 large meatballs. This meatball recipe will make about 45 small meatballs that will fit on a slider bun or 20 large meatball perfect to serve with spaghetti.
- Place the olive oil in the Instant pot insert and heat on the sauté setting until hot.
- Once the Instant Pot is hot place about 6 uncooked meatballs (if you made 20 large meatballs) in the Instant Pot and brown all sides. As each meatball has finished browning remove it from the Instant pot and place it on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil. Repeat until all meatballs have been browned.
- Once you are done browning the meatballs switch the instant pot to the warm setting as you return half the meat balls to the Instant Pot. Pour half the jar of sauce over the meatballs that are in the Instant Pot. Now add the remaining meatballs to the Instant Pot and pour the remaining sauce from the jar over the top of the meatballs covering the completely with sauce.
- Add the minced garlic and the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese to the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot being sure it has been locked into to place.
- Turn the pressure valve to the closed position.
- Press the manual button on the Instant Pot and set the timer for 3 minutes to pressure cook. Once the pressure cooking time has ended allow the steam to naturally release for 7 minutes for large meatballs. 5 Minutes for small meatballs. when the time is up press the cancel warm button on the Instant Pot to stop the meatballs from cooking and to keep them warm until ready to serve.
- While the meatballs are cooking in the electric pressure cooker boil water and cook your pasta if you are serving Spaghetti and Meatballs.
- Makes 20 large meatballs or about 45 small slider size meatballs.
- Serving Size: 4 Meatballs with Sauce
- Calories: 314
- Carbohydrates: 14.2g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 33.5g
Keywords: Instant Pot Meatballs, Pressure Cooker Meatballs, Instant Pot Ground Beef recipes, Instant Pot Meatball Subs