Instant Pot Ham and White Bean Soup recipe
Instant Pot Ham and White Bean Soup is a delicious Instant Pot Ham Soup recipe that only takes 30 minutes to pressure cook. This Instant Pot soup recipe is packed full of flavor from ham, carrots, onion, herbs, and spices.
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 large bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- leftover ham bone or 2 cups diced ham
- 14 oz bag dried great northern beans, rinsed and picked through
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Place the diced onions, sliced carrots, stewed tomatoes, minced garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaves, and dried beans into the Instant Pot. Stir with a spoon to combine.
- Add the ham bone or diced ham to the Instant Pot. Pour the chicken stock into the Instant Pot. Mix again to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it into place. Make sure the valve is set to the sealing position.
- Press the manual button and set the cook time for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes allow the Instant Pot to naturally release the steam for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes carefully open the lid of the Instant Pot and serve
- Check the beans to make sure they are cooked through to your liking. If the beans are still a little hard for your liking replace the lid and press the manual button and pressure cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve with cooked white rice and crackers.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Category: Instant Pot Recipes
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 233
- Carbohydrates: 31.1g
- Fiber: 9.4g
- Protein: 19.5g
Keywords: Instant Pot Ham and White Bean Soup, Instant Pot Ham Soup recipe, Instant Pot Ham Bone Soup recipe, Instant Pot Dried Bean recipe