Instant Pot Green Beans and Potatoes Recipe
Instant Pot Green Beans and Potatoes recipe is made with fresh green beans, new potatoes, and ham. This southern style green beans recipe is melt in your mouth and flavored with smokey ham or bacon.
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 lb new baby potatoes
- 1 cup diced ham, bacon, or ham hock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Place the diced onions into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Next, add the baby potatoes to the Instant Pot.
- Add the fresh green beans on top of the potatoes.
- Add the salt and pepper, sprinkling it over the potatoes and green beans. Add the ham to the Instant Pot.
- Lastly, pour in the chicken stock or water.
- Place the Instant Pot lid on and twist into the locked position. Make sure the valve is set to the sealing position.
- Press the manual button and set the time to 5 minutes.
- Once the timer has gone off and the Instant Pot has finished pressure cooking allow the steam to naturally release for 20 to 25 minutes. The shorter time will yield firmer green beans.
- Carefully using a wooden spoon push the valve to the open position and allow the steam to release.
- Once the steam has finished releasing carefully open the Instant Pot lid.
- Transfer the cooked potatoes and green beans to a serving bowl before serving.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- Category: Instant Pot Side Dish Recipe
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Southern
- Calories: 149
Keywords: Instant Pot Greens Beans and Potatoes, Instant Pot Green Beans with ham, Southern style fresh green beans recipe