Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake Recipe
Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake recipe is a thick and creamy New York style eggnog cheesecake perfect served on a holiday dessert table.
Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake Ingredients
- 6 to 8 ginger cookies crushed, divided (I used my Big Soft Ginger Cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup eggnog
Eggnog Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream, very cold
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup eggnog
Instructions to make Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake
- Prepare the springform pan by greasing the bottom and sides with butter or cooking spray.
- Cut a 7 inch round of parchment paper and press it into the bottom of the spring-form pan.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the ginger cookie crumbs and set aside.
- Melt the butter and mix into the remaining 1 1/4 cup of ginger cookie crumbs.
- Press the ginger cookie crust crumbs into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the spring-form pan.
- Place the pan in the freezer while preparing the eggnog cheesecake batter.
- In a large bowl beat the softened cream cheese, eggs, and sour cream until smooth, occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add the granulated sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and grated nutmeg to the bowl. Beat on low to begin incorporating the dry ingredients into the cheesecake mixture. Increase the mixer speed to high and beat for three minutes.
- Add the eggnog to the mixer bowl and beat for two minutes.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer. Wrap the bottom of the pan in a piece of aluminum foil bringing it up a couple of inches of the sides. Create an aluminum foil sling by folding a long enough piece of aluminum foil in fourths and placing it under the springform pan to fashion handles so you can carefully lift and remove the pressure cooked cheesecake from the Instant Pot when it is done.
- Pour the eggnog cheesecake filling into the prepared pan.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the provided trivet into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Carefully lift the cheesecake filled springform pan and lower it into the Instant Pot centering it on top of the trivet.
- Place the Instant Pot lid on and make sure it is locked into place. Check the valve and make sure it is in the sealing position. Press the manual button and set the timer to 25 minutes.
- Once you hear the beep indicating the Instant Pot has finished pressure cooking allow the steam to naturally release for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes carefully push the Instant Pot valve to release and allow the steam to release.
- Carefully open the lid of the Instant Pot away from your face.
- Using kitchen mitts lift the cheesecake from the Instant Pot by the two ends of the aluminum foil sling.
- Place the cheesecake on a cooling rack to cool completely. Before serving chill the eggnog cheesecake in the refrigerator at least 4 hours before serving. Chilling for overnight is best.
- If desired one hour before serving use an offset spatula to spread 3/4th of the Eggnog Whipped Cream recipe over the top of the eggnog cheesecake.
- Fit a pastry bag with a large star piping tip and fill the pastry bag with the remaining whipped cream. Decorate the edges of the Eggnog Cheesecake with piped stars. Sprinkle the reserved 1/2 cup of ginger cookie crumbs over the center of the cheesecake. Dust the top of the eggnog cheesecake with ground cinnamon. Place the Eggnog Cheesecake in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Makes one 7 inch round Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake that will serve 8 to 10.
Instructions to make Eggnog Whipped Cream
- Beat the heavy whipping cream in a medium-sized bowl until it forms soft peaks.
- Add the vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and grated nutmeg to the bowl. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Add the eggnog and beat for 1 to 2 minutes or until the eggnog is completely mixed into the whipped cream.
- Category: Dessert Recipes
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8 th
- Calories: 575
Keywords: Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake, Instant Pot Cheesecake recipe, homemade cheesecake recipe, holiday dessert recipe, eggnog recipes