Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup is made with boneless chicken breasts, fresh carrots, fresh cauliflower, fresh broccoli florets and a healthy dose of fresh baby spinach leaves. This Instant Pot creamy chicken soup recipe is delicious, low carb and great for meal planning. Leftovers can be put into freezer safe containers and warmed up for lunch or dinner another day.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs chicken)
- 2 tablespoons Lawrey’s Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 stalks fresh broccoli, rinsed, stems trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces about 4 cups
- medium head cauliflower, rinsed, stem trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces about 4 cups
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry or cooking wine (I used Pompeian Marsala)
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups of heavy cream. milk or half and half (I used heavy cream)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 to 3 big handfuls of fresh baby spinach leaves
- Cut the boneless chicken into thin bite size pieces.
- Place the chicken pieces into a bowl and sprinkle with the Lawry’s Seasoned Salt and ground black pepper. Toss the chicken to coat and set aside.
- Prep the broccoli and cauliflower and place in a large colander. Rinse with cool water and drain.
- Peel the carrots and slice them.
- Put the seasoned chicken, drained broccoli and cauliflower and sliced carrots into the metal insert of the Instant Pot.
- Add the minced garlic, ground pepper, bay leaves, cooking sherry or other white cooking wine into the Instant Pot cooking insert.
- Add the chicken broth. If using a 6-quart Instant Pot do not fill past the maxiumum line.
- Place the lid on, make sure the valve is in the sealing position. Press the manual button and set the cooking time to 5 to 7 minutes. (see notes)
- Once the timer has gone off indicating the pressure cooking is done allow the Instant Pot to natrually release pressure for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of pressure release carefully push the valve open with a spoon handle and allow the pressure to release. When done remove the lid of the Instant Pot opening away from your face to prevent burns from the steam.
- Push the off button and then press the saute button.
- Add the milk or whipping cream to the IP and stir to combine.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water until smooth and lump free.
- Stir the slurry into the soup and saute for about 5 to 8 minutes to thicken.
- Optional before serving stir a couple of handfulls of baby spinach leaves into the hot soup and stir them in.
- Makes about 8 servings.
- I have made this Instant Pot creamy chicken soup recipe in both the 6 quart and 8 quart Instant Pot.
- 5 minute cooking time if you want some pieces of broccoli and cauliflower in the soup. Don’t expect the cauliflower and broccoli to hold their shape after pressure cooking.
- 7 minute pressure cooking will yield a much creamier soup with almost no visible chunks of broccoli and cauliflower. (Good way to get the kids to eat their veggies)
- Using heavy cream will make a creamier soup but milk or half and half can be substituted. I’ve made this soup with each and prefer the whipping cream.
- Serving Size: Bowl
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 8.4g
- Sodium: 651mg
- Fat: 22.8g
- Saturated Fat: 14.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 22.4g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 10.1g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken Soup recipe, Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Soup Recipe, ChickenVegetable Soup recipe