Instant Pot Corn Dog Bites
Instant Pot Corn Dog Bites is an easy lunch or dinner recipe for the kids this summer. Bite size corn dog bites are easy to make in the Instant Pot. This fun food for the kids will fast become a favorite.
- 8.5 oz box Jiffy corn muffin mix (or homemade cornbread batter)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 4 hot dogs
- Place one cup of water into the bottom of a 6 quart Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl mix the corn muffin mix, large egg and 1/3 cup of milk following the directions on the box.
- Next, cut each hot dog into 3 evenly sized pieces.
- Fill each well in a silicone bites mold about halfway full. Stick a piece of hot dog into the center of the corn muffin batter.
- Add just enough corn muffin batter to each well to cover the hot dog piece. Do not overfill. Each well should be about 3/4 full. Place the silicone mold lid on top making sure it has “snapped” in place.
- Place the filled silicone bites mold on top of a silicone Instant Pot sling or make a sling out of aluminum foil (see my Instant Pot Cheesecake recipe for an example).
- If using two bites molds fill the second mold, attach the lid and place it on top of the first filled mold in the sling. Pick the sling up by the handles and lower the filled bites mold down into the Instant Pot.
- Secure the handles and twist the Instant Pot lid on. Push the valve to the sealing position.
- Push the manual button and set the time for 10 minutes. Once the Instant Pot has finished the pressure cooking allow the Instant Pot to naturally release the steam for 5 minutes.
- Carefully push the valve to the releasing position. Once all the steam has released twist the Instant Pot lid off away from your face.
- Open the handles of the sling and carefully lift the sling with the cooked Instant Pot corn dog bites from the Instant Pot.
- Remove the plastic lid from the silicone mold. Place a saucer on top of the silicone mold and flip over. Gently push each corn dog bite out of the mold.
- Serve with ketchup or honey mustard.
- Makes 7 to 8 corn dog bites.
- Serving Size: 1 Corn Dog Bites
- Calories: 251
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 7.4g
Keywords: Instant Pot Corn Dog Bites, Fun Food for Kids, Easy Summer Lunches, Kid Friendly Lunch Ideas, Summer Lunch Ideas for Kids, Instant Pot Egg Bites Mold recipe