Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples Recipe
Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples is a warm and delicious fall apple recipe that can be served on its own, used as a pound cake topping, as an apple cake filling or as an apple pie filling.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 4 large Honeycrisp apples, sliced ( about 8 cups of sliced apples. If using a different variety of apple you may need to increase the amount of water to 1/2 a cup)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1/3 cup cool water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place one tablespoon of lemon juice into a large bowl.
- Peel each apple and remove the seeds and core. Cut the apple into four pieces and slice each piece of apple with a sharp paring knife. Add the apple slices to the bowl of lemon juice, tossing them to cover with the juice. Repeat with each remaining apple.
- Once you are finished slicing the apples add the apple slices with the lemon juice into the Instant Pot.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and maple syrup if using to the Instant Pot. Toss the apple slices with a spoon.
- In a small bowl mix the cool water with the cornstarch until lump free. Pour into the Instant Pot and stir to combine well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is in the sealing position.
- Press the manual button and set the time to 5 minutes for apples that are crisp and 10 minutes for apple slices that are softer.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished pressure cooking allow the steam to release naturally for 5 minutes.
- Push the valve to the venting position to allow any steam to escape. Open the Instant Pot allowing the heat and any steam to escape away from your face or hand.
- Mix the Instant Pot Cinnamon Apples and serve.
I used the Instant Pot Duo 6 quart. If you are using a newer model or a Lux model increase the amount of water to 1 cup to prevent the Instant Pot Burn Notice.
I used Honeycrisp apples for this recipe. Honeycrisp is a juicy apple variety. If you are using a less juicy apple variety you may need to adjust the amount of water using in this recipe.
- Category: Instant Pot Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 385
Keywords: Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Dessert, Instant Pot Apple recipe, Cinnamon Apples, Easy Instant Pot Dessert recipe