Instant Pot Chicken Wild Rice Mushroom Soup
Instant Pot Chicken Wild Rice Mushroom Soup recipe is packed full of flavors from the chicken, wild rice, fresh mushrooms and fresh herbs. This easy Instant Pot soup recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced onion (I used Vidalia Sweet Onions)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 to 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz slice baby Portabello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Turn the Instant Pot saute setting on and melt the butter.
- Add the diced onions and sliced celery to the Instant Pot. Saute for about 3 minutes or until the onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add the sliced carrots, salt and ground pepper to the Instant Pot. Saute for 1 or 2 minutes longer.
- Add the boneless skinless chicken to the Instant pot along with the fresh thyme and bay leaf.
- Next add the sliced portabello mushrooms, wild rice, and chicken broth to the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot securing it and setting the valve to the sealing position.
- Press the manual button and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooker is done cooking allow the steam to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the lid of the Instant Pot allowing the steam to escape from the back side away from your body.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the Instant Pot and place it in a bowl.
- Use two forks to shred the meat. Add the shredded chicken back to the Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl mix the water with the cornstarch until lump free. Add the slurry of cornstarch and water (a gluten-free thickener) to the Instant Pot and mix until combined.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting and bring to a boil, stirring. Boil until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Makes about 8 servings.
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 296
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 34.3g
Keywords: instant pot soup recipe, Instant Pot Chicken Soup, Wild Rice Chicken Soup