Instant Pot Chicken Tacos Recipe
This easy Instant Pot Chicken Tacos recipe is so easy and versatile that you could cook it as a crock pot chicken taco recipe, prepare it as chicken taco freezer meal recipe or make it the way I did in the Instant Pot electric pressure cooker. The best part? You only need three ingredients to make this easy chicken taco filling!
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 package taco season
- 3/4 cups salsa
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- Place the skinless boneless chicken breasts into the Instant Pot insert. Pour the 3/4 cup of salsa and the water in and add the taco seasoning.
- With a fork mix the chicken taco ingredients so the boneless chicken breast are covered with the salsa and taco seasoning.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure it is fully locked in place. Then check to make sure the pressure valve is in the closed position.
- Press the manual button on the Instant Pot and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to do it’s magic. Once the timer has gone off indicating it has finished pressure cooking the chicken wait two minutes and using a wooden spoon carefully quick release the steam pressure.
- Once you have released all of the pressure carefully open the lid facing away from yourself so the steam will not burn your face or hand.
- Use two forks to shred the pressure cooked chicken meat.
- Use the chicken meat to fill warmed flour tortillas or your choice of taco shells.
- Top with your favorite tacos toppings like Chunky Mango Guacamole, Creamy Jalapeno Sauce or your favorite homemade salsa.
- Makes 12 servings.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size of boneless chicken breasts used. Check the internal temperature of the thickest piece of chicken with an instant-read meat thermometer. Chicken should be cooked to 165 F.
- If using one of the newest Instant Pot models please add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water. I use the 6 quart Duo and have never had a problem with the burn notice.
- Category: Instant Pot Recipes
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 72
- Carbohydrates: 0.9g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 12.9g
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken Tacos recipe, Instant Pot Chicken recipes, boneless chicken recipes, pressure cooker chicken tacos