Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos are easy to make with only 3 ingredients. The shredded chicken taco meat can be used to make tacos, burritos, taco salad or chicken nachos. The taco flavored chicken filling is freezer friendly and perfect for your weekly meal prep.
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 package taco season
- 3/4 cups salsa
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- Place the skinless boneless chicken breasts into the Instant Pot insert. Pour the 3/4 cup of salsa and the water in and add the taco seasoning.
- With a fork mix the chicken taco ingredients so the boneless chicken breast are covered with the salsa and taco seasoning.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure it is fully locked in place. Then check to make sure the pressure valve is in the closed position.
- Press the manual button on the Instant Pot and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to do it’s magic. Once the timer has gone off indicating it has finished pressure cooking the chicken wait two minutes and using a wooden spoon carefully quick release the steam pressure.
- Once you have released all of the pressure carefully open the lid facing away from yourself so the steam will not burn your face or hand.
- Use two forks to shred the pressure cooked chicken meat.
- Use the chicken meat to fill warmed flour tortillas or your choice of taco shells.
- Top with your favorite tacos toppings like Chunky Mango Guacamole, Creamy Jalapeno Sauce or your favorite homemade salsa.
- Makes 12 servings.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size of boneless chicken breasts used. Check the internal temperature of the thickest piece of chicken with an instant-read meat thermometer. Chicken should be cooked to 165 F.
- If using one of the newest Instant Pot models please add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water. I use the 6 quart Duo and have never had a problem with the burn notice.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 72
- Carbohydrates: 0.9g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 12.9g
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken Tacos recipe, Instant Pot Chicken recipes, boneless chicken recipes, pressure cooker chicken tacos, Taco Tuesday, Meal Prep Chicken