Easy Instaant Pot Chicken and Broccoli recipe made in 30 minutes or less. Make this favorite Chinese stir fry recipe at home.
- 1 cup long grain white rice and water to cook it.
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. boneless chicken
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 heaping tablespoon of minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon cool water
- 2 cups of blanched broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked long grain white rice
- green onion, optional
- sesame seeds, optional
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with the cold water until the lumps dissolve. Set the bowl nearby.
- Place the brown sugar and soy sauce into the Instant Pot aluminum pot. Stir to dissolve the brown sugar.
- Add the boneless chicken pieces to the pot.
- Next add the diced onion, minced garlic, minced fresh ginger, sesame seed oil, and the dried red pepper flakes.
- Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it into place. Check the valve and make sure it is in the sealing position.
- Turn the pressure cooker on. Press the manual button and set the pressure cooking time to 4 minutes.
- After the appliance beeps letting you know it has finished pressure cooking the chicken press the cancel button to turn it off.
- Immediately use a wooden spoon to carefully quick release the steam as soon as the pressure cooking has finished. Carefully remove the lid away from your face so the steam escapes away from your body.
- Put the blanched broccoli florets in the Instant Pot and toss with a wooden spoon.
- Add the corn starch slurry and toss again.
- Press the sauté button. As the pot starts to heat up and simmer stir until the sauce until thickened and the broccoli has been heated through.
- Serve immediately over cooked rice. Garnish with sliced green onion and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Makes 4 servings.
How to blanch broccoli
- Trim the thick stems from the broccoli head. Cut the florets off. If they are large bunches of florets cut them into bite size pieces. Place the broccoli in a colander and rinse under cold water. Place the colander in the sink to drain.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and add a couple of cups of ice to the bowl to make an ice bath. Set the bowl aside but keep nearby the stove.
- Fill a large pot 1/2 to 3/4 full of water. Place the pot on a burner and bring to a boil. Add one cup of raw broccoli florets to the pot of boiling water. Let the broccoli boil for 2 or 3 minutes. Immediately scoop the blanched broccoli from the pot with a slotted spoon and drop into the bowl of cold ice water.
- Repeat with all of the broccoli one cup at a time. Replenish the ice if needed.
- If the water stops boiling after you have added the broccoli to the pot you have put too much broccoli in the pot at once. The broccoli will begin to cook in the hot water while it comes back up to a boil. While it is still edible we just want to slightly cook (blanch) the broccoli so it is a bright green color and still crisp and firm for this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 605
- Sugar: 27.3g
- Sodium: 948mg
- Fat: 12.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 76.7g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 46.5g
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken and Broccoli, Chinese Chicken and Broccoli, Pressure Cooker Chicken recipes, Boneless Chicken recipes