Instant Pot Cauliflower Broccoli Soup
Instant Pot Cauliflower Broccoli Soup recipe is delicious and easy to make. This rich and creamy cauliflower and broccoli soup recipe is packed full of fresh cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots.
Makes a great freezer meal when you freeze individual soup servings in food grade freezer containers.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry or cooking wine (I used Pompeian Marsala)
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups milk or half and half
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- green onion
- Prepare the cauliflower and broccoli by trimming the stems and cutting them into bite size pieces. Put the cauliflower in a colander and rinse under cold water. Repeat with the fresh broccoli. Put the prepared broccoli and cauliflower into the metal insert of the Instant Pot.
- Peel and slice the carrots and put them into the Instant Pot insert.
- Add the minced garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaf and cooking wine to the Instant Pot.
- Add the vegetable or chicken stock to the instant pot.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is in the sealing position.
- Press the manual button and set the time for 5 minutes. Once the Instant Pot has finished pressure cooking allow to naturally release the steam for 15 minutes.
- After fifteen minutes push the valve to the releasing position and allow the steam to release.
- Carefully open the Instant Pot lid allowing the steam to billow out away from your face and hands. Push the off button then push the saute button.
- Add the milk or half and half to the soup in the Instant Pot.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water in a small bowl and add the slurry to the Instant Pot.
- Stir to combine well. As the soup heats it will begin to thicken slightly. Once the soup has thickened slightly press the off button and unplug the Instant Pot.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes about 6 servings. Top each serving with snipped green onion if desired.
- To freeze allow soup to cool and transfer to individual freezer containers before freezing.
- Category: Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 172
- Carbohydrates: 33.3g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 9.3g
Keywords: Instant Pot Cauliflower Broccoli Soup recipe, Instant Pot Vegetable Soup recipe, Instant Pot Vegetarian Soup recipe, Cauliflower recipe