Instant Pot Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
One of my favorite holiday side dish recipes is candied sweet potatoes. Now that I have an Instant Pot I couldn’t wait to see how fast I could make Instant Pot Candied Sweet Potatoes. Can you guess how fast you can make candied sweet potatoes in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker?
- 3–4 pounds fresh sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thick wedges
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 – 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Wash, peel and cut the sweet potatoes into thick wedges.
- Soak in a bowl of cool water to prevent browning while your getting the candied syrup mixed together.
- Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave.
- Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg to the melted butter and mix well.
- Drain the sweet potato wedges in a colander.
- Remove the basket from the Instant Pot and put the sweet potato wedges into the aluminum pot.
- Pour the syrup over the sweet potatoes.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and close the lid making sure it has been locked on. Make sure the venting seal is pointed to the closed setting.
- Press the steam button and set the temperature to normal. Adjust the time to 5 minutes.
- Once the timer has gone off alerting you that the Instant Pot is done cooking immediately vent the steam using the quick release method. ( carefully use a wooden spoon to tap the valve open making sure the steam is releasing away from your face on the back end of the Instant Pot).
- Once all of the steam has been quick released from the pressure cooker carefully open the Instant Pot lid carefully making sure the steam is escaping on the opposite side of the pressure cooker away from your face.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Sprinkle 2 or 3 cups of miniature marshmallows over the top of the cooked candied sweet potatoes. Place the lid back on the pressure cooker but do not turn and lock the lid.
- Check after about 5 minutes to see if the marshmallows have melted. If not place the lid back on for a few more minutes. If they have melted leave the lid off.
- You can serve the candied sweet potatoes right from the Instant Pot or you can lift the sweet potatoes out of the Instant Pot with a slotted spoon and place them in a serving bowl to serve.
- Sprinkle a handful or two of mini marshmallows over the top.
- Makes about 10 servings.
- Category: Instant Pot Recipe
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 262
Keywords: Instant Pot Candied Sweet Potatoes, Pressure Cooker Sweet Potatoes, Candied Sweet Potatoes, Instant Pot Southern Sweet Potatoes recipe