Instant Pot Butternut Squash is going to make serving squash with your holiday meals a breeze. You can use the Instant Pot to make firm cubed butternut squash that you can then use to make other butternut squash recipes like Butternut Squash pasta sauce.
- butternut squash
- 1 cup water
- Wash off the outside of the butternut squash.
- With the wire rack in the bottom of the instant pot add 1 cup of water.
- Place the whole butternut squash inside the Instant Pot.
- Close the electric pressure cookers lid. Make sure the valve is in the closed position.
- Press the manual button and set the time to 5 minutes.
- Once the 5 minutes of pressure cooking is over allow the steam to release naturally. I left it for about an hour and a half while I was doing some other work.
- Open the lid and carefully remove the cooked butternut squash from the Instant Pot.
- Place the butternut squash in a bowl or on a cutting board to allow to cool.
- Once the squash is cool enough to safely handle slice the butternut squash down the vertical center.
- Remove the seeds and strings from inside the butternut squash with a spoon and discard.
- Carefully using a sharp knife slice down each half of butternut squash vertically and horizontally.
- Use the knife or a spoon to cut or scoop the firm flesh of the butternut squash from the skin.
- Place the butternut squash in a large bowl and prepare as needed.
- You could also divide the cooked butternut squash into serving sizes and freeze in ziplock bags.
Use your cooked but firm butternut squash to make other recipes or serve with butter, cinnamon and little brown sugar.
Cooking time is for active pressure cooking time. You will need to account for the hour or so of natural steam release from the pressure cooker.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cooked
- Calories: 47