Instant Pot Brats and Peppers Recipe
Instant Pot Brats and Peppers are moist and tender. Pressure cooking Brats are the best way to make a bratwurst with peppers that is moist and tender.
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 package brats, 6
- 6 Martin’s Famous Long Potato Rolls
- 3 medium green sweet bell peppers, cap, and seeds removed and sliced
- 1 large red sweet bell pepper, cap, and seeds removed and sliced
- 1 large yellow sweet bell pepper, cap, and seeds removed and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Turn the Instant Pot onto the high saute setting and melt the butter.
- Brown the Brats on all sides in the melted butter and remove to a bowl.
- Add the sliced bell peppers, sliced onion, salt, and ground pepper to the Instant Pot and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Push the warming/cancel button to turn off the saute setting.
- Return the brats to the Instant Pot. Add the water to the Instant Pot. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Push the manual button and set the time for 5 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to pressure cook the brats, bell peppers, and onions for the allotted time. When the timer goes off allow the Instant Pot to naturally release the steam for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes carefully push the valve to the releasing setting with the end of a wooden spoon. Allow the steam to release.
- Carefully open the lid to the Instant Pot away from your face.
- Serve the Brats on toasted Martin’s Famous Long Potato Rolls and top with peppers and onions.
- Serve some of your favorite side salads like potato salad, coleslaw, and chips with the Brats.
- Makes 6 servings and can be doubled if feeding a crowd.
- Category: Instant Pot Recipes
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: German
- Calories: 602
Keywords: Instant Pot Brats, Instant Pot Brats with Peppers, Instant Pot Brats with Onions, Instant Pot Bratwurst, Pressure Cooker Sausage recipe