The kids will love this Watermelon Aqua Fresca recipe. Serve it at your next Summer BBQ, pool party or play date. Watermelon beverages are a great way to cool off during the hot summer months.
- 3 cup fresh watermelon juice
- 1 cup water
- juice of half a lemon or lime
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Scoop the pulp from 1/4 of a medium round watermelon and place in a blender.
- Liquify the watermelon and pour the juice through a fine mesh strainer to remove most of the pulp.
- Pour 3 cups of juice back into the blender and then add the water, lemon or lime juice, and sugar.
- Blend until frothy.
- Pour the Watermelon Aqua Fresca into a pitcher filled with ice.
- Serve with a slice of lemon or lime and a sprig of mint.
- Aqua Fresca should be consumed the same day.
- Makes 6-8 servings.
- Serving Size: 1 glass
- Calories: 20