How to make sweet iced tea perfectly. Serve a glass of the best, brightest, clear, not cloudy iced tea you have ever tasted. Garnish with a wedge of lemon or lime and a sprig or two of fresh mint.
- 8 cups water divided
- 6 Lipton regular tea bags
- ¾ cup sugar
- lemon, lime and mint for garnish
- Add 4 cups of water to a medium size saucepan and bring to a roiling boil.
- Boil the tea bags for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the hot burner.
- Steep tea for 10 minutes.
- Measure sugar and add to pitcher
- Pour the still hot tea over the sugar.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Measure the last four cups of water and pour it into the pot with the tea bags
- Swirl the pot around a little bit to allow the tea bags to release that last bit of tea goodness from the tea bags.
- Pour the tea water into the pitcher.
- Chill completely before serving and serve over ice.
Chill a big pitcher of this sweet iced tea recipe before serving with a wedge of lemon and a sprig of fresh mint.
- Serving Size: 8 oz glass
- Calories: 250