How To Make Pineapple Ginger Rum
Pineapple Ginger Rum is a homemade fruit infused rum that can be used to make the Shell Beach Cocktail or other favorite rum cocktails.
- 1 large pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh ginger root
- zest from one large orange
- zest from one lime
- zest from one lemon
- 6 whole star anise
- 750 ml bottle of Barcardi Superior White Rum
- Peel and cut the pineapple into chunks.
- Peel and roughly chop the fresh ginger root.
- Zest an orange, lemon and lime.
- First place the pineapple pieces, ginger root, citrus zest and star anise into a large jar. Or divide the ingredeints between 2 wide mouth quart mason jars.
- Once you have filled your container with all of the fruit, spices and citrus zest pour the entire 750 ml bottle of rum into the jar/jars. Cover the jar with a lid and shake the jar or you can also use a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients.
- Place the jar in the refrigerator. Keep refrigerated for at least two weeks.
- After two weeks pour the contents of the jar through a fine mesh strainer that has been placed over a large bowl.
- Pour the infused rum into clean containers. Keep the Pineapple Ginger Rum refrigerated until ready to use.
- Consume within 2 to 3 weeks.
recipe slightly adapted from Louisanna Cooking
calories per shot glass is an estimate.
- Serving Size: 1 shot glass
- Calories: 60
Keywords: Pineapple Ginger Rum, Infused Rum recipe, Pineapple Rum Recipe, Cocktail Ingredients