How To Make Instant Pot Rutabaga quickly so you can make all of your favorite rutabaga recipes like mashed rutabaga side dish recipes for the holidays. This winter root vegetable is a great substitute for mashed potatoes.
- 4 to 5 lbs of fresh rutabaga
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Peel the rutabaga with a vegetable peeler.
- Carefully cut the whole rutabaga in half with a sharp knife, and then cut the halves into 2 inch cubes.
- Place the cubes of rutabaga into a bowl filled with cold water as you peel and cube it to keep it from browning.
- Place a steamer basket or silicone sling into the bottom of the Instant Pot inner pot.
- Drain the cubes rutabaga in a colander and run cold water over the pieces to remove all of the food grade wax pieces.
- Pour the cubed rutabaga into the Instant Pot inner pot.
- Twist the lid on and set the valve to the sealing position.
- Press the manual button and set the pressure cooking time to 4 minutes.
- When the timer goes off allow the to steam to naturally release for 10 minutes. Twist the valve to the releasing position and allow any remaining steam to release.
- Carefully twist the IP lid off and lift it away from your face to prevent a steam burn.
- Lift the silicone sling by the handles and transfer the cooked rutabaga to a bowl by tilting the silicone sling or steamer basket (if using) over a large bowl. If you have used the trivet that came with the Instant Pot you will need to use a large spoon to transfer the cooked rutabaga pieces to the bowl.
- Makes about 5 cups cubes cooked, cubed rutabaga.
- Category: Instant Pot Vegetable Recipes
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup, cooked
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 10.1g
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19.5g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Instant Pot Rutabaga recipe, How to cook Rutabaga, How to make cubed rutabaga, fresh rutabaga recipe