How to Make Homemade Ravioli with easy Ricotta Filling
Homemade Ravioli Pasta Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup boiling water
Ricotta Filling Ingredients
- 2 cups whole milk Ricotta cheese
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- Measure the flour into a glass or metal bowl, boil the water.
- Carefully measure the boiling water and pour into bowl of flour.
- Stir the flour and water with a wooden spoon until the dough forms a ball.
- You’re not going to get a perfect ball of dough like you would when making bread dough. It may be crumbly and look lumpy and gummy. Don’t worry about it when you start rolling it out it turns out beautiful.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While your dough is resting mix up your filling.
Ricotta Filling Directions
- Put all ingredients in a small bowl except the egg and mix together.
- Taste the ricotta mixture and adjust any of the seasonings to your taste.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and add it to the ricotta mixture and stir until completely incorporated.
- Calories: 620