How To Freeze Squash:
This is the easiest way I have found to freeze summer squash. I've added some links to recipes using fresh yellow squash and fresh zucchini.
- Wash the fresh squash well to remove any dirt that may be clinging to the skin.
- Drain in a colander or gently pat dry with a soft towel or paper towel.
- Slice the squash into circles or chunks.
- Place the squash in a freezer bag and remove as much air as possible.
- Flatten the bag and place on a cookie sheet in the freezer.
- Once the squash is frozen solid you can remove the cookie sheet and store as you would any other bagged frozen vegetables.
- Add sliced onions and minced garlic to the bag if desired.
- Calories: 00