How To Freeze Berries in Ziplock Bags to extend the season and enjoy berries all year long.
- fresh berries of your choice
- Cookie Sheet
- Ziplock Bags
- Wash all fruit before freezing.
- Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries can be frozen whole.
- Do not remove the hulls of the strawberries before washing to prevent the fruit from absorbing water.
- Allow the berries to drain and dry completely.
- To prevent the berries from getting crushed spread them out in a single layer on papers towels.
- You can very gently pat them with paper towels if you are in a hurry but air drying completely works the best.
- Remove the hulls from the strawberries before the next step.
- Place the berries on a cookies sheet in a single layer making sure none of the berries are touching.
- Freeze for one hour until the berries are firm to the touch.
- Place the berries into a Ziplock Bag, remove as much air as possible and seal.
- Stack the bags of berries in a flat pile and freeze for up to six months.
- Category: Freezer Preserving
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 00