Get a jump start on your holiday baking by mixing up a batch of sugar cookie and than freeing until ready to bake.
- one batch of homemade cookie dough
- freezer bag
- cookie sheet
- Make your favorite cookie dough recipe.
- Divide the batch of dough in half.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Place to ball of cookie dough into a freezer bag.
- Flatten the dough into a disk.
- Close the bag and place on a cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet into the freezer until the dough has frozen completely.
- Remove the cookie sheet and stack the frozen disks of dough neatly in the freezer.
- How to thaw frozen cookie dough
- Remove the cookie dough from the freezer.
- If baking within an hour place the cookie dough on the counter to thaw.
- Once the dough is soft enough to handle roll out as usual and cut with cookie cutters.
- If not baking immediately place the frozen cookie dough in the refrigerator to thaw overnight.
- Category: Freezer Meal, Batch Cooking