How to Clean and Roast Pumpkin Seeds
How to easily clean and Roast Salted Pumpkin Seeds using your Halloween pumpkin.
- Put 4 cups water and 1/2 cup of sea salt in a large bowl.
- Warm the water up in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir until most of the salt has dissolved.
- You may still have a little salt on the bottom but that is fine.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and let soak for at least three hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the pumpkin seeds into a large colander to drain.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle two tablespoons of sea salt all over the pumpkin seeds and stir to evenly coat.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes depending on how large and how many pumpkin seeds you have. Every five minutes or so rotate the pan and using a spatula flip the seeds.
- Bake until all seeds are dry.
- The shell should still be a pale white color.
- Do not allow the shell to brown.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 44
Keywords: How to clean and roast pumpkin seeds, easiest way to clean pumpkin seeds, how to make roasted pumpkin seeds