Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
These Honey BBQ Chicken Wings are sure to become your go to chicken wing recipe. Chicken wings are not just game day food. Chicken wings are perfect for snacking or any time you need a party appetizer.
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 ½ cups Buttermilk
- 1 ½ tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 tbsp minced garlic, divided
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Hickory Smoked BBQ sauce
- Cut each of the chicken wings into 3 sections and discard the wing tips.
- In a large bowl mix buttermilk, hot sauce, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 tablespoon honey, dry mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well and add the chicken wings turning to cover all sides.
- Place chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Pour the marinated chicken wings into a large colander to drain the excess marinade. Discard any leftover marinade.
- Place the chicken wings in a single layer on a baking rack or broiler pan that has been placed on a large baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken wings for 40 minutes, turning after the first 20 minutes to cook evenly.
- While the wings are baking mix 1 cup bbq sauce, 1/2 cup honey and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- After 40 minutes begin basting the chicken wings with the honey bbq and garlic sauce.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Turn the wings over and baste with the bbq sauce. Cook 15 more minutes until golden brown.
- Makes about 6 servings.
- Serving Size: 6 chicken wings
- Calories: 916
Keywords: Honey BBQ Chicken Wings recipe, sticky chicken wings, chicken wing recipe, sweet chicken wing recipe