Homemade Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Line two cupcake pans with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar to the butter and beat with a mixer until combined.
- Add 1/2 the egg whites to the bowl of creamed butter and sugar and beat until combined. Add the remaining egg whites to the bowl and beat for 2 minutes on medium.
- Alternately add half of the flour and half of the milk to the bowl of wet ingredients beating one minute between each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract to the bowl and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake papers and fill each cupcake well two-thirds full.
- Bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baked cupcakes from the oven and place the baking pan on a cooling rack. Cool for 10 minutes before transferring the cupcakes to the cooling rack.
- Cool the cupcakes completely before frosting.
- Frost with Swiss Meringue Buttercream frosting and decorate as desired.
- Category: Cupcake Recipes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 unfrosted cupcake
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 13.2
- Carbohydrates: 21.3
- Fiber: 0.3
- Protein: 3.1
Keywords: Homemade Vanilla Cupcakes, Vanilla Cupcake recipe, Dessert recipes, Birthday Party Cupcakes