Homemade Peppermint Hot Cocoa Recipe
Homemade Peppermint Hot Cocoa is a rich and creamy hot cocoa made with cocoa powder. For the best hot cocoa use the best cocoa powder.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk (whole milk yields the creamiest hot cocoa)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- non-dairy whipped cream (optional)
- candy cane (optional)
- Put the cocoa powder, sugar, salt and 1 cup of milk into a saucepan.
- Heat on low while whisking until the cocoa powder dissolves.
- Add the remaining milk to the saucepan and heat on medium until small bubbles form around the edge of the saucepan.
- Whisking occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Once the cocoa is hot remove from the pan from the heat and add the vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Whisk until foamy.
- Pour into a mug and top with a non-dairy whipped cream.
- Dust with a bit of cocoa powder and garnish with a candy cane if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 Mug
- Calories: 344
Keywords: Homemade Hot Cocoa recipe, creamy hot cocoa, hot winter beverages, hot cocoa with cocoa powder