Learning how to make Kahlua is very easy. Once you have made this homemade Kahlua recipe then you will be able to make your favorite Kahlua recipes anytime you like.
Homemade Kahlua also makes a great Christmas gift.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated instant coffee
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups sugar
- 3 vanilla beans, divided
- 1 1/4 cups vodka
- 2-quart jars and lids
- Place the granulated coffee, water, sugar and one split vanilla bean into a large pot, heat on low until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and bring to a low boil. Stir occasionally until the coffee crystals have dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Divide the coffee syrup between two-quart jars.
- Add 3/4 cup of vodka to each jar.
- Add one split vanilla bean to each jar.
- Place a lid on each jar and shake.
- Allow to steep for 2 to 6 weeks.
- Strain the homemade Kahlua through a coffee filter.
- Makes 2 quarts.
- Bottle in individual bottles for gifts or return the Kahlua to the quart jars for storage.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Steeped
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 oz
- Calories: 64
Keywords: homemade Kahlua, Kahlua recipes, Kahlua recipe, how to make Kahlua, homemade Kahlua recipe