Best Homemade Cheesecake Filling
My go to homemade cheesecake filling recipe that can be used to make a 9-inch cheesecake, fill cupcakes, or as a cheesecake dessert filling. The cheesecake is thick and rich like a New York cheesecake but so much easier to make.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- In a large bowl beat the softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy with a handheld mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add the softened butter to the bowl and beat for 1-2 minutes or until the butter is completely combined with the cream cheese.
- Add the egg and the vanilla extract to the mixing bowl and beat for 3 minutes.
- Slowly add the sifted powdered sugar to the bowl and beat on low until combined well. Then beat on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator if using for a cupcake filling or not using immediately. The cheesecake filling can be refrigerated for up to 3 days before using it.
- If making an 8 or 9 inch baked cheesecake immediately spread the cheesecake filling into an unbaked graham cracker crust. Place the cheesecake on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated 350 F. degree oven.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Cool to room temp then refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight before serving.
- Top with homemade strawberry topping, whipped cream, or drizzle with a fruit sauce before serving.
- Make 8 servings.
- Nutritional values for a baked cheesecake with a graham cracker crust.
- Makes about 2 1/4 cup of cheesecake filling. See the suggested uses above.
- Can be frozen. Wrap the cheesecake in the pie pan tightly with plastic wrap or cover with the lid that came with the Graham cracker crust.
- Freeze the cheesecake for up to 30 days.
- Serving Size: 1/8
- Calories: 334
- Carbohydrates: 31.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.8g
Keywords: Homemade Cheesecake Filling, Cheesecake Recipe, Rich and Creamy Cheesecake, Dessert Recipe, Easy Dessert