No-Bake Halloween Wafer Cookie Treats
This easy homemade decorated Halloween Wafer cookie treats you can make with the kids.
- Line the baking or cookie sheets with non stick parchment paper.
- Place the entire bag of candy melts in a candy melting container or bowl. If you are using a divided candy melting container like I have place each color of candy melts in one section of the container. If you are using a bowl pour one color of candy melts in the bowl to melt at a time.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Crisco vegetable shortening or Wilton Candy Wax to the container with the candy melts.
- Heat the bowl of candy melts for 30 seconds in the microwave. Remove and mix. The candy melts will not have melted much at this point. Return the bowl to the microwave and heat at 30-second intervals mixing the candy melts after every 30 seconds until they are completely melted and smooth. Add more shortening as needed to thin the melting candy melts.
- Once the Wilton candy melts have reached a thin enough consistency use a candy dipping tool or a kitchen fork to dip one wafer cookie into the melted candy coating at a time. Lift the candy-coated wafer cookie from the melted candy coating and carefully tap the fork on the side of the container so the excess melting candy will drip back into the container.
- Place the dipped cookie on the parchment paper covered cookie sheet and immediately sprinkle the top with your choice of sprinkles or nonpareils.
- Repeat with the remaining cookies. If the candy coating starts to harden warm it in the microwave for about20seconds to thin it out.
- Allow the candy-coated wafer cookies to harden on the cookie sheets. (see tips)
- Makes 30 to 40 decorated Halloween cookies.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 156
Keywords: No Bake Halloween Cookies, Homemade Halloween Treats, Halloween Treats