Habanero Apricot Jelly recipe is a sweet and spicy pepper jam or jelly recipe that is delicious served with chicken or cream cheese. Also can be served on a Cheese Platter.
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 6 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded habanero pepper
- 1 (3-oz.) pouch Ball® Liquid Pectin
- Combine first 2 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Stir together apricot mixture, sugar, and next 3 ingredients in a 6-qt. stainless steel or enameled Dutch oven. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add pectin, immediately squeezing entire contents from pouch. Continue hard boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam, if necessary.
- Ladle hot jelly into a hot jar, leaving 1⁄4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band, and adjust to fingertip-tight. Place jar in boiling-water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- Process jars 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove lid, and let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Recipe source: Ball Book Of Canning And Preserving
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 54
Keywords: habanero pepper jelly, apricot pepper jelly, easy pepper jam recipe, Golden Pepper Jelly recipe, Habanero Gold Jelly Recipe