This Green Bean Bacon Casserole is a twist on the classic Green Bean Casserole. A perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner side dish.
- 2 cans French Style Green Beans, drained
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 12 oz bacon, fried crispy and chopped roughly and divided
- 2 1/2 cups French fried onions, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fry the bacon, drain well on paper towels and roughly chop. Set aside.
- In a casserole dish mix the green beans, cream of mushroom soup, milk, salt, pepper, 3/4 cup of fried onions and half the bacon. Stir well.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F. degree oven for 25-28 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir and top with the remaining fried onions and chopped bacon.
- Return to oven and bake 5-8 minutes or until the onions are lightly browned.
- Serve while hot.
May be doubled to serve a crowd.
- Calories: 418
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 14.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 9.9
Keywords: Green Bean Casserole, Thanksgiving Side Dish, Holiday Side Dish,