A moist and delicious gluten free Pumpkin Cake recipe that is also low carb.
- 1 2/3 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2-1 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar *see notes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons homemade vanilla extract
- Shift all the dry ingredients and spices into a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients until blended well.
- With a large spoon fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- Pour into an 8 x 8 baking pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-36 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
*Notes: I made this recipe using 1/2 cup of coconut sugar and it came out moist and delicious with just a hint of sweetness. If you prefer a sweeter cake use 1 cup of sugar.
This recipe would also make great muffins. Adjust the baking time (16-24 minutes) accordingly if making muffins.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 235