This recipe is slightly adapted from a recipe from Better Homes & Garden Special Interest Publication 2001. This is my all time favorite cookie recipe source.
- ½ cup butter ( no substitutes) softened
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ granulated sugar
- ½ packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup peanut ground, optional
- Heat oven to 350’F. Beat together butter and peanut butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add both sugars, baking powder and salt, beat until combined.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much flour as possible with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour and ground peanuts if using with a wooden spoon.
- Roll dough into 1-inch ball.Flatten slightly and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press a crisscross pattern into each cookie with a fork.
- Baked 10-12 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom. Let cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Makes 42-48 cookies.
- Category: Christmas Cookie