- 1 boxed white cake mix plus ingredients to make
- 7–10 drops Americolor Bright Pink food dye
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- 2 bags Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- 1 bag Wilton Black Candy Melts
- 1 bag Wilton Pink Candy Melts
- 36–48 Wilton lollipop sticks
- 36–48 Wilton cellophane treat bags and ties
- Crisco solid shortening
- Thank you tags (Party City)
- Bake the cake as directed on the package and cool completely.
- Crumble cooled cake into fine crumbs.
- Mix 1/4 of the can of frosting into the crumbs to start.
- Add more frosting a teaspoon at a time until all dry crumbs are moistened and a teaspoon of the dough holds together when rolled into a ball.
- Using a small cookie dough scoop form 36-48 cake balls.
- Place the cake balls on a cookie sheet in a single layer as you form them.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 15 minutes) or until you are ready to dip them.
- Melt half a bag of Wilton Bright White candy melts at 10-20-second intervals in a narrow and deep container adding 1 tablespoon of a solid shortening to the container to help thin the candy coating for 20 seconds.
- After 20-seconds stir and return to the microwave for 10 seconds and stir again. Repeat until the candy coating is thin enough to slowly run off a spoon.
- Add more shortening in small amounts as needed.
- Dip the tip of a lollipop stick 1/4 inch into the melted candy melts. Insert the stick into the cake pop ball and return to the cookie sheet cake ball down. Gently tap the cake pop on the cookie sheet to form a slight base for the cake pop to stand upright. Repeat with all cake pops. Return the cookie tray to the refridgerator so they can firm up.
- When ready to dip the cake pops remove the cookie tray from the refrigerator and reheat the candy melts until they are thin again. No need to add any more shortening at this point.
- Grasp one cake pop by the end of the stick and dip it down into the melted candy melts to the stick, covering the entire cake pop ball.
- Gently tap and twirl the cake pop over the container allowing the excess to drip back into the container.
- Place the cake pop down on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper centering it and standing it straight up.
- Repeat with remaining cake pops, melting more candy melts as needed.
- Allow candy coating to harden completely 30-60 minutes.
- Decorate the cake pops with a drizzle of melted candy melts in pink and grey.
- Serving Size: 1 Cake Pop
- Calories: 170
Keywords: Baby Shower Cake Pops, Baby Shower Cake Pops Girl, Girl Baby Shower Cake Pops, Pink Cake Pops