How To Make Homemade Vanilla Extract
Homemade Vanilla Extract is easy to make and is a one of a kind gift from the kitchen that is perfect for homemakers, bakers, and family who seem to have everything. I've included free printable homemade vanilla labels with this homemade vanilla recipe.
- Vodka (best you can afford) (4 cups per quart jar)
- 5 whole Vanilla Beans per cup of Vodka = 20 vanilla beans per quart jar
- 1- quart size mason jar or other decorative jar
- Measure Vodka into jars. You'll need 4 cups of Vodka per quart jar.
- Add 5 split Vanilla Beans per cup of Vodka. (20 Split Vanilla Beans per quart jar makes the best vanilla extract. You could use less but the vanilla will be weaker.)
- Steep or cure for at least 6 weeks before using.
- For gift giving you can add 1 vanilla bean to each 4 oz Boston Round Bottle
- 1 quart jar of Vodka and vanilla beans will yield 32 ounces of homemade vanilla extract.
- 32 ounces of vanilla extract will yield eight 4 oz bottles for gifting.
- Don't throw away the vanilla beans after bottling your homemade vanilla extract. You can add more vodka to the bottle with the vanilla beans and start a new batch of vanilla extract.
- Or rinse off the vanilla beans well and add to a jar of sugar to make homemade vanilla sugar.
- Serving Size: 4 oz Bottle
- Calories: 32
Keywords: homemade vanilla recipe, vanilla labels, gifts from the kitchen