Enjoy an ice cold glass of Fruity Sangria this summer! Thre is no better way to sit back, relax and cool of with a glass of fruity sangria made with red wine and fresh lemons, limes and berries.
- 1 750ml bottle of red wine- I used a 2008 Sterling Vintner’s Collection Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 lemons sliced
- 2 tangelos sliced
- 2 limes one cut in wedges and one sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 3 tbs sugar
- 6 cups of gingerale
- I also added a handful of lemon verbena leaves.
- The day before you plan on serving the Sangria
- Slice or cut all the citrus into wedges.
- Squeeze the wedges into a large container
- Add the citrus slices.
- Pour the wine over the citrus.
- Add the sugar and lemon verbena leaves.
- Place the container in the refrigerator over night.
- Next day before serving add the strawberries or any other berry you would like to the container.
- Add the ginger ale.
- Stir and serve over ice.
- Add ice to a wine glass and scoop some fruit out and add to each glass.
- Pour some sangria over it and enjoy!
You can use any type of fruit you have on hand.
- Serving Size: 6 oz glass
- Calories: 00