Serve this Fresh Fruit Pomegranate Salad alongside any meal you want a refreshing and light salad as a side dish. During the summer I love to make fresh fruit salads when we barbecue.
- 1 ruby red grape fruit, sectioned and skin removed
- 1 pomegranate, ariels removed and rinsed.
- 3 navel oranges, sectioned and skin removed
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut in half
- ½ pint of fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ pint fresh raspberries
- 2 apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 pears, peeled and cubed
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 lemon
- ½ small watermelon for serving (optional)
- Place the first six ingredients into a bowl and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving (overnight is best).
- Right before serving peel and cut the apples, pears and bananas into a small bowl and squeeze the juice of the lemon over the fruit. Mix well so the lemon juice covers all sides of the fruit. This is to prevent browning.
- Add the fruit and lemon juice to the bowl of fruit that has been refrigerated. Gently mix the fruit.
- If using a watermelon for serving scoop out the watermelon flesh from the center of one half reserving the watermelon flesh for another use. Place the fruit salad into the hollowed out watermelon shell to serve.
- Arrange raspberries over the top of the fruit salad.
- Serve the fruit salad chilled.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 188
Keywords: fresh fruit salad, summer fruit recipes, watermelon salad recipe