Freezer Mexican Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 12 large eggs
- 16 once jar Pace Picante Sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8-ounce bag finely shredded Mexican Style Cheese
- 16 flour burrito size tortillas
- 4-ounce sour cream
Directions To Make Mexican Breakfast Burritos Filling
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, 3/4 cup Picante sauce, milk, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and pour the egg mixture into the pan. Cook the eggs until fluffy and cooked through.
- Place a fine mesh strainer in a bowl and pour the cooked eggs into the strainer to drain. (see helpful tips)
- Allow the eggs to cool to room temperature.
To assemble the Mexican Breakfast Burritos
- Lay a burrito size flour tortilla down on your work surface.
- Spread one teaspoon of sour cream in a line off center of the tortilla.
- Spread 1/3 cup of the cooked eggs on top of the sour cream.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese over the eggs.
- Top the cheese with about 2 teaspoons of Picante sauce.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla in over the filling and roll the bottom edge of the tortilla up and over the filling to form a burrito.
- Set the filled breakfast burrito on a cookie sheet or platter. Fill the remaining tortillas repeating the steps above.
- Makes 16 Mexican Breakfast Burritos.
How To Wrap Freezer Mexican Breakfast Burritos for Freezing
- Wrap each Mexican breakfast burrito in a double layer of plastic wrap.
- Place the wrapped breakfast burritos into Ziploc bags and place in the freezer.
How to heat frozen Breakfast Burritos
- Remove one or two breakfast burritos from the Ziplock bags. Remove the plastic wrap from each burrito.
- Wrap the breakfast burritos in a paper towel and microwave on 1 minute. Flip the breakfast burrito over and heat for an additional 30 to 60 seconds until heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Microwave cooking times will vary depending on how breakfast burritos you are heating and your microwave settings.
- Serving Size: 1 Breakfast Burrito
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Sodium: 809mg
- Fat: 11.5g
- Carbohydrates: 29.3g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 12.1g
- Cholesterol: 153.6g
Keywords: Freezer Mexican Breakfast Burritos, Breakfast Burrito recipe, Freezer Meal Breakfast Burritos, Freezer Meals