Here is another great crock pot freezer meal to pack the freezer with easy recipes that are perfect for the cool Fall months. This Freezer Meals-Southwestern Pork Stew recipe will fill the belly and warm the soul on a chilly evening.
- 2 pounds cubed pork meat
- two 14.5 ounce cans of diced tomatoes with chilis
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 heaping teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- Place all the ingredients except the chicken broth into a gallon size ziplock bag.
- Freeze flat.
- To cook
- Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Pour the ingredients of the bag into a large pot.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 1-2 hours or until the meat is tender and cooked through.
- Add in ideas- canned of black beans, pinto beans or corn kernels.
- Makes 4-6 servings
- Category: Freezer Meals
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: Southwestern
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 234