Southwestern Hamburger Soup is
- 3 cups browned ground beef, drained well (about 2 pounds uncooked ground beef)
- 1 cup uncooked large elbow macaroni or pasta of choice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 14.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 14.5 ounce can
dicedtomatoes with chiles
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese or cheddar cheese
- Place all the ingredients into a gallon size freezer bag.
- Remove all air and flatten.
- Freeze flat on a cookie sheet.
- Once frozen remove the cookie sheet and store in the freezer until ready to cook.
- Use within 3 months.