Stock the freezer with this easy Freezer Meal Minestrone Soup recipe
- 1 pound beef stew meat cut into bite size pieces
- 16 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 small onion diced, about 1/2 cup
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 2 - 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dry parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- Place the first 9 ingredients into a one gallon freezer bag.
- Remove air and freeze flat.
- To cook Freezer Meal Minestrone Soup on Stove
- Thaw the bag in the refrigerator over night.
- Pour the ingredients of the bag into a large pot.
- Add 2 cups beef broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the meat is cooked through and tender, about 2 hours depending on the size of the meat pieces.
- minutes before ready to serve add 1 cup of elbow macaroni to the pot and stir.
- Cook until the macaroni is tender.
- Makes about 6 servings.