- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounce jar Garlic Lime Verde Salsa
- 15.5 ounce cab black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup long grain rice, rinsed well
- Place all the ingredients except the rice into a gallon freezer bag.
- Freeze flat.
- To cook Freezer Meals: Garlic Lime Chicken Salsa Soup on stove
- Thaw bag in refrigerator over night.
- Pour ingredients into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about an hour or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked add rice to pot. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Category: Soup recipe